These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that Abiding Faith in Christ Church adhere to.
- WE BELIEVE… The Scriptures Are Inspired by God and declare His plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE… There is only One True God – revealed in three persons – the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE… In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus as the Son of God who was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE… First man Adam willfully sinned and ushered evil as well as physical and spiritual death into the world.
- WE BELIEVE… Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ by true repentance by faith in Christ and receiving Him as our personal Savior.
- WE BELIEVE… and practice two ordinances — (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE… In The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation with the Initial Physical Evidence of ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ that empowers believers to be witnesses for Christ and for effective service in the kingdom of God.
- WE BELIEVE… Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and also a progressive lifelong process of separation from evil as believers are continually transformed by the Holy Spirit to be more like Christ revealed by the word.
- WE BELIEVE… The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE… A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship God with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- WE BELIEVE… The Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement; Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross for our sins.
- WE BELIEVE… in The Blessed Hope; The Raptures of the Church at this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- WE BELIEVE… in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- WE BELIEVE…in A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a lake of fire.